Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Let it Go, Let It Go

Yes, that song is one of THOSE songs that all you have to hear are those three words strung together and it is stuck in your head for the rest of the day!  So apologies for the annoyance factor, but it is currently my anthem.

Last night I googled Donor Egg timelines and I am beginning to prepare myself for this as our next possible step.  I spent some time on message boards and blogs trying to find others who were not necessarily gung ho on the subject out of the gate.

The bottom line is OUR children will come to us the way they are supposed to (look at me all cocky saying, children instead of child:).  So it is so important that I am open to any and all possibilities and remove my pride from the equation.  Notice I said pride and not feelings because ultimately I believe it is my pride in the form of jealousy that is bringing me down.  Not jealousy that our child will be genetically linked to my husband while I am not, rather some other lady gets the privilege of doing so.
However, if those two sets of DNA are meant to meld to form MY child then so be it.  I will have plenty of opportunity to blend myself into the equation as I carry and raise him or her.  Also, I will have the privilege of knowing, nurturing and carrying him or her from their very first moment of conception.

I am still somewhat weirded out by the idea of choosing my replacement, (ummm clearly need to work on finding a better word to fill that particular blank!) but I will cross that bridge if and when the time comes with support of my heavenly father, my husband, my family, my friends and virtually through the women who have walked this path before.

So to my doubt and trepidation I intend to Let it Go, Let it Go and to make up for the annoying tune now running through your head I leave you with my favorite version of the song:



No comments:

Post a Comment