Thursday, August 11, 2016

Signs of Hope & Promises from Truth

I am feeling SO much better then I did at the beginning of the week!  I feel more at peace and hopeful about what lays ahead:).  I am going to use this post to organize some of the signs of hope I have seen over the last days (and months!).

The first sign actually came in the spring.  From somewhere within I had a sense that we would welcome a child into our home in 2017.  No other details provided:).   I can only imagine that God laid these words on my heart.  During this entire journey I don't recall having any other intuitive experience like this.  In the chaos that has been my thoughts over the last few weeks I had nearly forgotten!

This next one is more practical, but we pay off both of cars in April (if things continue in a positive direction I will be due in April).  Between my previous student loans being in deferment and no more car payments (knock on wood the cars continue to run well after they are paid off!) we will have nearly $1000 of cushion in our budget.  More than enough to cover the needs of a tiny baby or two:).

The next one was shared with be by my mom about two weeks ago.  Her best friends said she had a good feeling about things as someone had just returned to her a high chair she had lent out years ago (her youngest grandchild is almost 7).  She said it is a sign that it will be needed soon and she can now lend it to my mom when we come to visit:).

Then late this morning (after I initially published this post), I got a call from our IVF meds pharmacist in Georgia to see how we were doing with our progesterone inventory.  Thank God they called!  JT had asked me to call them today since we won't have enough to get through the weekend if we get good news tomorrow.  Somehow I forgot!  I think God tried to whisper a reminder when I overheard JT calling his pharmacy about a prescription.  Nope, didn't trigger me to remember.  I think at that point God figured He needed to shout, so just had the pharmacy call me directly:).  They are overnighting 10 doses-phew.  The most optimistic part of me sees this was His way of ensuring we had enough to keep going.  At the very least He helped ensure I didn't let my husband down!

This last "sign" comes from the word of God, so in addition to bringing hope also comes as a promise from truth.  The following comes from the website Strong in Faith:


God does not withhold any good thing from those who walk uprightly (Psalms 84:11). In the Bible, every instance of a person that sought God to conceive and birth children eventually had a child.


The scripture states that God is not a respecter of persons and will not show partiality or favoritism. IF God answered these prayers will he not answer yours? 

Yes, I think He will.  If not this time, I have faith it is coming.






1 comment: