Friday, August 26, 2016

Land mines

Sorry for the MIA status this week!  It has been CRAZY busy with the teachers coming back to school, my own classes starting, back to school night, etc.  Still doing well.  Felt a little yucky/queasy a few morning this week, but not actually sick.

Also it varies as to what food sounds good to me.  The delicious s'mores cake I made for company on Sunday and happily consumed leftovers of Monday and Tuesday has not sounded good at ALL to me yesterday or today.  I will be so glad when we get to the ultrasound next Friday as I would much prefer that kind of assurance that all is well than kind of hoping I was full on puking with morning sickness (gross, right?!?!).

Once upon a time I envisioned JT and I keeping a pregnancy under wraps until we were safely passing the threshold into the second trimester.  However, 6 years and an IVF in, those plans got altered somewhat.  Instead there are about 20 family members and friends who already know and have known just about everything we have known every step of the way.

Our parents get phone calls at each juncture.  Other family members and friends are updated by text or email.  Only my brother randomly got any semblance of a cute announcement:




It is still our intention to hold off announcements to the rest of the world until we are about to cross or crossing into trimester 2.  Which means we/I may have some interesting land mines to dodge between now and the beginning of October.

Last Friday I went out to a birthday dinner for a friend.  Only two of the dozen people present know anything about our IF struggles and they both knew we were doing IVF this summer.  It was not the right setting for sharing with them (there was no way to do it discretely), so I stayed mum.  However, I also drank my Sprite without getting any questions (I was fully prepared to say I was on allergy medicine that I could not mix with booze), so land mind avoided.  

I have avoided carrying items at work which was pretty tricky at times this week given all the back to school deliveries coming and going.  We are also going to my school staff party to night.  It is off campus and BYOB and in the last 6 years I have always BYOB'ed:).   Fingers crossed tonight is a repeat of last Friday and no one notices!

No comments:

Post a Comment