Thursday, August 4, 2016

Distractions

This email exchange encapsulates how I kept my mind occupied yesterday:

That worked out very well for yesterday, but today has been a different story:(.  I woke up feeling anxious.  Texted a friend who just got pregnant via her second round of IVF.  Her advice was to relax and stay busy.  The first part I am struggling with.  I went to work and distracted myself there pretty well since class assignments are about to be mailed and before they even got to the mailbox I have had two parents express concern about their child's placement.  Normally this would annoy me, but honestly it is probably good to have something else to focus on for a while.  

Once I was done at work I stopped by the mall and found some great sales, but unsure as to what size I may be in the coming weeks/months I hesitated to buy anything.  Then I came home to read my book.  It is the latest Lianne Moriarty which I held off buying until this week as I knew I would be able to get into and that it would be a good read.  Welp got to page 100 and discovered the big secret they were building up to was a couple doing donor egg IVF and needing a donor--are you kidding me?!?!  

I am meeting a friend to go walking this evening to which J.T. responded "No!  You need to rest.".  However, when I told him I was getting anxious and thought some LIGHT exercise would help he backed off.  He pointed out on Tuesday I am the hippy in our relationship, and he is the worrier.  He is trying really hard to help now that I have left the hippy camp and moved into worrier camp.

On top of all of the above I have also prayed, mediated on scripture, and God even provided me with the perfect worship song this afternoon as I was driving home (I will post below).  I need to believe what I am saying out loud to my people.  "I have some light cramping.  Our little friends must be building their duplex!".  I am honestly picturing them nestling in and when I feel little pinches and cramping (light) mostly on my right but starting today also down on the bottom left I HAVE to believe that they are here to stay.  Thinking anything else is clearly driving me insane!  If I happen to be wrong, I will deal with it when the time comes.  Now off to plan some distractions!

   

No comments:

Post a Comment