Monday, August 1, 2016

Day 3 Fertilization Report


The lab called yesterday morning and all three embryos are still growing-yay!!!!!

They called first thing which I am so appreciative of as waiting for the phone to ring all day would have been torture.

On day 3, they look for embryos that are larger than five cells and have less than 20% fragmentation. We have a 7 cell and a 6 cell with 10% fragmentation and a slow poke 4 cell with 5% fragmentation. So that, along with my blood work from this morning, means we are ready to roll for Tuesday. They told us to be there at 12, so transfer will probably be at about 12:30.

I have shifted from a looking one week at a time to trying to focus on one DAY at a time. There are too many thoughts, feelings, and potential rabbit holes if I look beyond the next 24 hours.

Today I am focusing on getting school stuff taken care of so they do not need to reach out to me and I can put my email on vacation responder for the next two days. Looking to clean the house, finish grocery shopping/meal planning for the week, and mowing so that I don't have to worry about any of that for the remainder of the week. I also have a presentation for class and an assignment due Wednesday night, but I will finalize those two things today. The presentation is focused more on the "art" of presenting rather than content so while I don't love public speaking I have enough experience under my belt that I should do ok presenting for a group of 16 without too much stress (fingers crossed!). Now I would like to note that so far I have been up for almost three hours and haven't done anything except work on school emails, create a new playlist, and read message boards so I need to get my ass in gear before I leave for class at 4:30 if I want to actually complete this stuff!

J.T. is taking tomorrow off so he can go to the transfer and then "take care of me" (his words:) for the rest of the day. We also have a friend who has offered to bring us dinner. Those are the only two scheduled things we have for tomorrow. So my plan for the morning (other than obsessively check the time, I'm sure!) is to:
download the new Liane Moriarty book.
Do some yoga (4 times in a month counts towards my goal, right?!?).
Rent The Jerk and another comedy or two (there was a study that showed that laughter helped with implantation after egg transfer-on this front I have also asked J.T. to remind me to read the humor section of my Pinterest board while I am laying on the table immediately after).

I intend to stay on the couch from the time we come home tomorrow until it's time to get ready for class on Wednesday (class is at 5). That will give me 24 hours of "bed"rest after transfer.

I am now getting too far ahead of myself, so I will stop for now and just focus on this little game plan and the following verse:


No comments:

Post a Comment