Friday, August 5, 2016

Anxiety & Bumps


Things are looking a little better today.  I came up with a plan to stay busy this weekend (free museum weekend for several of the museums in our city, so I will be visiting all five over the course of Saturday and Sunday-one with my brother and the others with J.T. or on my own).  I also have planned for us to go out to dinner and to a (semi?) professional Lacrosse game.  Sunday we will also go to church.  So Saturday and Sunday I should be set, but today?  Not so much.

I offered to babysit for a friend with a 7 month old, but her parents are in town visiting.  That actually worked out for the best because I had not considered that I should not be lifting a nearly 20 pound child, until after I had offer and J.T. pointed this it out as well when I told him my idea.    So no babysitting, but J.T. is going to meet me for lunch.  I am also planning to do some yoga today (gotta try something new though), answer a parent email, read some more of my book, stalk message boards , stop by a craft store and see if there is a craft I can find to do.  J.T. does not like board games, but I may be able to convince him to play one with me this evening (though when I brought it up he suggested I find a game for the Play Station!).  Unfortunately there are NO movies in theaters or to rent, so that's out.  But with all I have come up with I should be set to get through the weekend.

I think the message boards are increasing my anxiety (even the ones not related to IF), so I am going to get one more hit after this post and then try to go cold turkey for the rest of the day.  Unless, I get some responses to a questions I posted this morning but then I will ONLY check those responses.  I also sent my nurse team the same question so maybe they will respond first.  What was the question, you ask?  Well, let me tell you.

Progesterone injections had been going pretty well (the actual injection part) until last night.  You see I have developed these bumps that now cover each of the injection sites and when J.T. had to inject into one last night it REALLY HURT!  From what I understand the lump forms from the oil not being evenly dispersed.  We heat the oil and I lay on the heating pad to try to disperse it (though before transfer I was using the heating pad over night which is no longer a good idea with my new little friends in tow).  The only thing we haven't done is massage the oil in after the shot (hard to do that and use heat at the same time!), so I am hoping someone has a good answer though I have a feeling I am just stuck:( (no pun intended!).





No comments:

Post a Comment