Saturday, July 2, 2016

Mock Transfer & Meds

My mock transfer was a success!  My uterus is regularly shaped (in case anyone was wondering) and all was clear.,  Also, my years of teaching paid off because I was able to keep my full bladder (as required for transfer) from killing me during the 30+ minutes of my RE running behind.  He and the nurse were very apologetic and both let me know that it didn't have to be "as full" for the actual transfer.  BTW Did you know the average bladder holds 1.5-2 cups of liquid?  I learned this little factoid while I was waiting and regretting the 12 oz. caffeine free diet coke I drank on my way over since I just HAD to pee before I left the house.

My box of meds arrived yesterday morning (minus the progesterone).  It was much smaller and less intimidating then many of the pictures I have seen online.  Those stimming meds must make up the bulk of them.  One point for having rotten eggs!

I started my Lurpon last night.  If someone had told me 5 years ago that I would be la-did-da about injecting myself in the stomach in my own home, I would have told them they were crazy.  However, knowing that it is much less than what other woman have to endure (oh yeah, and the fact the next set of injections go in my a*! and are supposed to hurt like a mother) made my tiny needle to the gut easier to handle.


No comments:

Post a Comment