Monday, May 18, 2015

One Year Later

A year ago this past weekend we made the decision to pursue adoption.

The Good

  • I am married to my best friend who helps keep me sane and laughing during this journey.
  • We worked through the application and prep phase with relative ease and our wait has been uneventful so far.
  • We have checked off a number of things to do while your waiting items (especially what I feel are some of the most important ones)
  • We took a "babymoon" (or whatever the less cheesy phrase is) to England 
  • Another successful school year is about to go in the books (in 16 days, but who is counting?!) and I have a plan for where I want to go next in Education.
  • My faith has strengthened exponentially and I am learning more and more each day that God's plan is my plan (and not the other way around).
The Less Good
  • We continue to wait...and wait...and wait
The Ugly
  • I have gained what I am calling the "adoption 10" (it's not a thing yet, but, hey, it may catch on...)
Not much I can do about "the less good", but I started yesterday working on "the ugly".  I am giving two weeks of clean eating a shot.  I also started running this morning.  Given the 90 degree heat this week, I am running before school.  Believe it or not, I think I like running at dawn (of course I may be singing a different tune when the novelty wears off).


No comments:

Post a Comment