Wednesday, May 13, 2015

A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood


After two days of stifling heat, the high today was in the lower 80s and it was the perfect afternoon to run away from work and hangout on our porch.  I am feeling a bit overwhelmed at work this week (this is rare), but it's not so much from the actual work I do rather the people around me.  No one person in particular, it just seems as though lots of people are going through lots of stuff right now and in the role I am in I am usually the one that has to help sort through it or provide support on the work front so they can sort through it on their own.  The end of last week and the beginning of this week especially have led to what feels like a lot of weight on my shoulders.

Some of that weight is lifting though as a listen to the birds, enjoy the view, and just relax.  

We have several new families who have moved into our neighborhood.  Previously there were four five families that had school aged children.  Three of the families who have moved in have either a baby or no children yet.  That makes me happy as it means there may be neighborhood kids for our little one to play with once she or he arrives.

That would of course mean that we would actually need to do something to forge a bond beyond just waving politely, but there is clearly lots of time for that:).



No comments:

Post a Comment