Friday, December 7, 2018

I Can See Clearly Now

Literally.

In the state of NC you can only get contact lenses with a valid prescription.  The prescription is only good for one year.   So even if you can see perfectly fine and have no issues, you either must be on the ball and order another full years supply before it expires or you have to schlep yourself to the eye doctor for an appointment updated prescription.    Ordering from 1-800 contacts or the like doesn't work either (I'm no rookie to the contact lens racket they've got going on here).

My prescription expired in May of 2017.  Back when I was lucky to get two hours of sleep strung together so thinking ahead to order and trying to keep a tiny baby alive.  So no being on the ball planning ahead on my part.  As a result I schlepped myself and my two month old baby to the eye doctor in June of 2017.

At the time things didn't seem weird, BUT after visiting the eye doctor today I see things differently.

This was a new eye doctor to me as he had told me the doctor I had been seeing no longer worked there.  ONLY he did and still does.

This new eye doctor told me he had no access to my previous records.  ONLY he did but for some unknown reason chose not to.

This new doctor prescribed me with lenses that were a 2.0 and 2.5.  ONLY I wear a 3.0 and 3.5.

It took me a year and half to figure out that third tidbit of information.  So for 18 months I have been walking around with sight that was only working at about 66% capacity. 

Yeah, I knew i was having trouble seeing things but I just attributed that to aging.  Turns out I could have saved myself some grief had new eye doctor not entered the picture.  Or I had been thinking straight.  Or had time to think at all!

Fortunately times they are a-changing and I will be able to now see them clearly!


No comments:

Post a Comment