Friday, December 28, 2018

2018 Reading List

Once upon a time I could read multiple books in a month.  No, I am not including the picture books I read to my class as a teacher:).  I'm talking multiple, full length novels.  If it was really good I could finish it in a couple of days.  Those days are long gone, but interestingly have been replaced with reading of the nonfiction variety. 

In 2017 I think with exception of Wonder Weeks, What to Except the First Year, and some books on how to get babies to sleep every book I read was for class.   This year there was (slightly) more breathing room so while I still mostly read books for school I also added some others almost exclusively related to parenting and child care, but I am focusing on the positive of returning to a form of normalcy and for me normal is reading! 

What has changed is the manner in which I read books.  J.T. had given me an e-reader year ago so I gave up hard copies of books a long tim ago.  That Nook is ready to retire, so I got a Kindle.  Similar to a laptop, the Kindle draws the little ones like moths to a flame.  So you wanna know how I've been able to get so much reading done?  My phone.

I have looong since taught them that my phone is mine and is not something they can play with.  In fact when they do see it laying around they bring it to me:).  So I have learned to read textbooks, articles, and other books on my 6 inch screen.  Game. Changer.

Some of the best books I read this year were:

Toddler "Discipline" (a.k.a how to not lose your mind when they are losing theirs!)
    

General Parenting

 


The ONE Fiction Book I Read and Thought Was Worth Recommending to EVERYONE




No comments:

Post a Comment