Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Tiny Tyrant

Isabella was up every one to two hours last night:(.  The good news is she was calm for each of her feedings.  That was until all hell broke loose around 5:30 and little girl could not be calmed for anything in the world!  She finally fell back to sleep around 8, but after NO sleep those 2.5 hours felt like decades.

Her feeding times seem to becoming more difficult as does going back to sleep afterwards.  I am looking forward to seeing the pediatrician tomorrow who I am hoping has some kind of magical answer (realistically I know she will not, but here's to hoping!).

I got two hour long naps, which made small dent but by evening exhaustion doesn't begin to explain how I felt.  I  could not make this tiny girl content to save my life!  Once she was asleep she was fine, but getting her there was soooo hard.  She didn't want to swing, bounce, be held, be put down, wore in the K'Tan, walked, fed, burped, not be fed, changed, dressed, undressed, or anything else I could think of.

Because of this (and the fact that I am still bleeding despite meds to stop the bleeding prescribed by my doc) I had also cried on and off for a healthy part of the day.  The tipping point was when I was trying to mix breastmilk and formula and could not math to save my life!!!!!!

Sorry postpartum nurse I saw the previous day seems like I may need a new PPD/Baby Blues survey :(.  I know PPD is no joke, but it just seems strange to be almost 5 weeks out and just now beginning to see some of the signs.  Allegedly this tiny tyrant is coming upon a leap (according to Wonder Weeks) so I am hoping that explains why she is soooo hard to please as if this becomes the new norm I am in trouble!

Tomorrow is a new day complete a visit to the pedi, fingers crossed she will have some answers!

No comments:

Post a Comment