Friday, May 12, 2017

A Gift

I knew immediately that something had gone wrong when I woke up in the middle of the night with this unusual feeling I had not experienced for a while...I was rested.  How did this happen?!?!

You see my mom had sent me up to bed after company left at 10 and I had set my alarm to come down at midnight, but I had failed to take the phone off vibrate so no alarm.  It was 3:00am!  Thanks to my wonderful mother who let me sleep, stayed with my baby while she slept and got up with her at 2 when she was hungry I got 5 whole hours of sleep in a row.  It's amazing how one can feel guilty and wonderful in equal measure.

Now it was my turn to send her to bed.  Then I pumped and laid back down.  Lo and behold Isabella didn't wake up again until 5:30 so I got two more hours of sleep on top of that.  A whole seven hours of sleep all in the same night!

It's amazing how your perspective can change in just one month.  Just one month ago on April 11 I got my last full night of sleep (about 7-8 hours) and now four short weeks later this thing that I once took for granted has become such a gift!

Other perspectives have changed too.  A friend came for dinner last night and asked how things were going.  I said it was amazing how fast time had gone.  She then said something about the days going fast.  I commented that while time has gone quickly it's not that the days go fast (and some of the nights have been verrrry long), but somehow time moves along quickly.

I know other perspectives have changed too, but even with my well rested brain I am struggling to pinpoint them at the moment.   I will have to come back to this topic soon.

So in closing I am going to reiterate my appreciation of the gift of sleep I received last night, so I'm just going to leave this right here...




No comments:

Post a Comment