Thursday, May 4, 2017

A turned corner, a step backwards, and three weeks old

So the last 24 hours feeding wise have gone much better.  I chalk it up to a few things.

First, extensive prayer!
Second, Dr. Brown bottles and feeding her upright using the Boppy.
Third, saving nursing for comfort at the end if needed (this was actually J.T.s suggestion)
Fourth, streamlining the formula process.
Fifth, hands-free pumping bra finally arrived.

Yay for improvement!

That being said, I also had a step back on the recovery front.  Last evening after pumping I felt a gush.  Sure enough my bleeding, which had been tapering off, had come back with a vengeance.  It was pretty gross and in contacting the triage nurse it just kept getting worse:(.  So she sent me to the ER.  Seriously?!?!?  ANOTHER hospital visit.

Our friend Stacy came down to stay with Isabella (I owe that girl a big gift card!) and we went in at about 9:30pm.  The good news is that I got sent home at 12:30pm after some blood work, an ultrasound, and a bag of fluid.  There were not other issues and it has since slowed down immensely.  I have a follow up with the Ob today from last week's fun and excitement so we will add this to the docket.  Hopefully it is just a minor set back and the healing will commence.

Today is also Isabella's third week "birthday"!  Our little girl is getting so big:).




No comments:

Post a Comment