Sunday, May 28, 2017

Final Leg of the Road to Recovery?

Well I had my D & C and hysteroscopy (which I cannot pronounce to save my life for some reason) it went off without a hitch.    One of the 50,000 service providers who wandered through my room was a parent of a former students so that was kind of awkward, but once again for all the medical issues I have experienced I have nothing but good things to say about the hospital.

My parents came down last night so they could watch the baby and J.T. could go with me for the procedure.  Anesthesia is crazy.  One minute I'm being wheeled into a room and the next I am waking up in recovery.  It also have me a nice buzz for a couple of hours afterwards.

So what is it that she found you ask, well of course it was the one thing they thought was the least likely- retained placenta.  It was in a weird place which is how it was missed on both ultrasounds (an probably initially as well).  Hopefully this is the final piece of the recovery puzzle!

It is nice to once again have my parents here soaking in their granddaughter taking on lots of feedings and holdings so I can rest and get stuff done!

Saturday night I was determined to go out so we took Isabella to a craft brew place that is in a renovated house and we sat out at a picnic table on the lawn and played Brewopoly (yes it is a craft beer version of Monopoly) while Isabella slept.  I'm so glad this baby has proved to be so good out and about otherwise I think I would go nuts.



Looking forward to a week that will hopefully be somewhat back to normal (whatever that is these days!).

No comments:

Post a Comment