Thursday, July 30, 2015

Summer, Summer, Summertime...

Despite the doom and gloom of my previous few posts, I really did enjoy my summer break:).

I went to the beach the first week.  Week 2 was spent doing virtually nothing that didn't involve the TV, my Nook and/or the couch.  Successfully completed about half a dozen books and a few seasons of the show Suits.

Week 3-4 I got my butt in gear and did a bunch of things around the house.  I always "spring clean" during summer break and finally found a checklist that I really liked from Imperfect Homemaking:


I also got to have dinner out with friends and spent a nice weekend with college roommates in PA.



Even though I went back to work last Monday, we have summer hours which are fantastic and should really be adopted for year round use:).  My mom and her best friend came down and spent the week with us last week.  I discovered a new favorite drink:)


We celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary (6 years goes fast!) at the restaurant where we first met and enjoyed reminiscing.
  
Next up is working on my application for my doctorate.  I need to sign up for the Millers Analogy Test this week.  

So this summer has been the perfect blend of rest, fun and productivity and I'm super glad there are a few weeks left!

No comments:

Post a Comment