Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Stuck, stuck, stuck!

Ugh!!!!!  It has been a crappy week and half at work.  I understand that it is not my job to make people happy, but sometimes I really struggle with situations where I am inevitably going to piss somebody off.  I try my best to make sure my decisions are in the child's best interest, well thought out, and discuss with someone else to ensure I am not missing someone; however, in some situations someone is bound to disagree (sometimes quite adamantly).  This is where putting your heart and soul into your job can put you at a real disadvantage as it is so emotionally draining to go through these processes and even when they're done I still end up feeling like crap.  I do not want to do this anymore, but do not feel like I have another viable option for next year especially if the need arises to take FMLA (God willing and fingers crossed).  So I am stuck.

The church secretary and I finally connected to set up a time to meet with the pastor.  He is available either this Thursday or May 17.  J.T. cannot get out of work this Thursday, so May 17 it is.  I respect JTs decision to discuss our decision with our pastor to help ensure we have thought everything through, but dang that adds another month of waiting before we start either process!  Same old, same old on the Adoption front as well.  So I am stuck here too.

I am a forward thinking, keep on moving on type of gal and these two completely stagnant all consuming facets of my life are frustrating the ever living life out of me!!!!!!


I know that I cannot control my circumstances.  I can only change my reactions, but damn I am tired of feeling like the only other options I have to choose from are worse!  On the job front I could just quit and wait tables or take whatever comes along, but financially that would be stupid.  Or I could hire myself for one of the teaching positions I have available ( I would be my top contender:)); however, the awkwardness of stepping into a classroom after being principal at the same school would be way stressful in its own way.  So I would be trading stressors for less pay.  That seems like a dumb option.  As far as starting a family we could steal a baby, I guess as that is the only option we haven't really considered that would be within our budget.  Ugh so ready for this dark cloud to find a new place to live:(.

No comments:

Post a Comment