Monday, January 8, 2018

Weekly Home Blessing...with Robots


Now that there is less stuff up in this place, I can focus keeping it clean and tidy.  In November I restarted my attempts at using the FlyLady system of home organization/cleaning.  However, in retrospect instead of reading all the words and following the advice that was being offered I wound up trying to do it MY way.   This turned into basically an iteration of what I had been doing that WASN'T work-ugh.

So this time I downloaded the app and am trying it just the way it is written-what a novel concept!

Already I am feeling better.  Time wise I feel like it is a wash, but productivity wise and sense of accomplishment wise (which is surprisingly important) is infinitely improved.

Instead of doing a thorough cleaning of a room each day, I am now doing a "one hour" home blessing one day a week:


The robots help keep the actual work to under an hour.  Robots you say?  Yes, robots.  When we were both working J.T. was responsible for the floors.  This led to him ordering a Roomba and Braava.  



For some reason, I was hesitant to use them.  I guess I felt like if I didn't do the floors "the old-fashioned way",  I wasn't doing them right.  However, that led to my not doing them sooo... robots it is!

Then for 15 minutes a day I do deeper cleaning in the assigned "zone".  There a list of chores and I just set a timer and get done what I can in that 15 minutes.  I may have to do 3 five minute spurts depending on the babies, but only time will tell!

I think the problem with the one room a day thing was that the house never FELT clean.  By the time I got to the last room, it was time to clean the first one again.  There is a lot of be said for the feeling of accomplishment along with the contentment a basically clean house can bring.



No comments:

Post a Comment