Sunday, February 12, 2017

Hospital Tour

Today was our first of four things we are doing at the hospital to get ready for Isabella's arrival--we toured the hospital!

The tour itself was uneventful, but it was exciting to see and begin to think about what would be going down in about 10 short (hopefully!) weeks. 

Well, you know, exciting and scary because while it will be exciting to meet her there's the whole getting her out part I have to do first.

One of the features of the labor and delivery rooms at this hospital is that they are all private.  Some person wiser than us asked what happens when the beds are full and the nurse said that has never happened so hopefully they don't experience a first in April!

Also each of the rooms has a jacuzzi tub for laboring.  This idea intrigues me as I had originally assumed I would be firmly planted in camp "give me all the drugs"; however, after doing some reading it seems like things may progress more quickly without.  So I am going to try to see how far I can go without drugs first and am hoping the tub will help.  Will ask the doctor more questions about it on Thursday.


No comments:

Post a Comment