Monday, November 28, 2016

Getting it Right (Part 1)

So you've heard my ramblings on choosing a name and picking the one that is just right.  However, the more I reflect on some other decisions I have been (or rather have NOT been making) regarding baby girl, I think the name conundrum may be a part of something bigger.

You may recall a few years ago when we decided to adopt we also decided to set up a gender neutral nursery just in case we got a drop in the lap placement and needed to be ready ASAP.  You may also remember that in January I put the nursery away and converted it back into a guest room because it hurt my heart to see it unused.  Who knew (well of course God knew) that we would be converting it back into a nursery within the same year as I plan to set it back up while I am off for winter break at the end of December.


So while we have basically a complete nursery ready to go, I have yet to buy a single thing for baby girl.  Wait, that's not 100% true.  When I got the call that baby girl WAS baby girl I was at school, so I got to a special gender reveal just for J.T.  I stopped at a child consignment store and as luck would have it (or as God gave an assist) they had a baby UNC Cheerleading outfit that I bought and wrapped for him to open.




He was surprised and loved it.  So while technically I bought the outfit and baby girl will wear it one day, I bought it with J.T. in mind.

So having some time to think over the last week I have turned my sights on buying something for baby girl.  Last Sunday I randomly started googling coming home from the hospital outfits.  While I like the ones that say "Hello World!" I couldn't find one that was just right.

On Black Friday I tried to find a pair of super cheap brown boots.  I was successful, but needed to spend $30 more to get free shipping.  I found a grilling pan I had been wanting for a while for dirt cheap and still needed to spend $10 so I looked at baby clothes.  There were several items I clicked on and considered but I couldn't settle on anything that was just right.

On Sunday when I was at Target and saw the Christmas items I thought it would be cute to buy baby girl a stocking.  I saw a pink one at the front of the store and decided to pass.   In the Christmas section I saw a little red one that I put in the cart.  About half-way though the grocery section I put it back because it wasn't just right.

I am normally a very decisive person so what gives?

Oh wait, I think I see a pattern...

No comments:

Post a Comment