Monday, November 21, 2016

It's a...

well before we get to that, let me catch up on the craziness that has been the last few weeks😉.

Between daylight savings, Halloween, the Election, the Supermoon AND three days of indoor recess (due to the wildfires in the mountains impacting local air quality), the little children have been a bit busier than normal!  Bless their teachers for keeping their eyes on the prize (a WEEK long break for Thanksgiving) and their grumblings to a minimum (at least in my presence:).

The end of the semester looms and the to do list includes a 15 page research page, book review, field study reflection, and policy brief.  Unfortunately my motivation is lacking which makes these assignments even more daunting.

Along with all of this busyness, we have just finished celebrating Gender Reveal/J.T.'s 40th birthday week!

Last weekend we met my family in the mountains of Maryland for our annual Thanksgiving.

Friday night we did our gender reveal (cake pop style!).


Saturday we did formal family pictures (my cousin is a photographer) and J.T. and I managed to get our Christmas card done!  We topped the day of with a Thanksgiving Feast.  Sunday we turned around and headed home.



J.T.'s birthday was Wednesday, but because I had class he had to settle with a card and a cupcake until the weekend.  Friday night we went out for Hibachi (J.T.'s traditional birthday dinner choice since he was a kid) and then went to Party City and the grocery store to stock up for our (Star Wars themed) Gender Reveal & (Surprise) Birthday party.  It was a lot of fun, but I am not throwing a three -themed party again!


For the actual reveal we did more cake pops.

Sunday night was more Thanksgiving (Friendsgiving with our community group from church) and one final gender reveal with my college roommates.  I had mailed them gender reveal cookies which arrived without incident to each of them on Friday.  We had originally planned on a Google hangout, but due to technical issues, did a conference call instead.  So with the exception of my staff, for whom I plan to make gender reveal cupcakes (hey I may only get to do this once, so I am intentionally running the gamut!) everyone we know and love knows it's a...


GIRL!






No comments:

Post a Comment