Sunday, January 24, 2016

From a guest room to a nursery back to a guest room

In our conversation last weekend about where do we go from here I mentioned wanting to try to find a way to camouflage the nursery back into a guest room.

It seems like such a good idea 18 months ago to have a gender neutral nursery ready to go, but last fall I began to see the flaw in the plan and we kept the door to the room closed.  Closed apparently wasn't enough for me though because is still knew what was on the other side of the door and it tore at my heart when I thought about it.

So today completely out of the blue I started the remodel.  Yes, there were tears but once I was finished I felt some how cleansed and at peace with my impromptu decision. 

It will now allow sunlight to stream in the hall again.  It will allow guests to stay without the awkwardness of what is best left unsaid for now.  It allowed me to have some control even if just for an hour or two.


No comments:

Post a Comment