Sunday, January 11, 2015

Impatience


I posted this on the adoption message board:

We got our fourth monthly status update from our agency yesterday. The purpose is to check to make sure our info and preferences are the same and to let us know whether or not they need more profiles (we had sent 50 initially-they have yet to need more).

We have friends gong through the same agency who are getting their 14th month status update so I feel terrible on days like this when I am impatient for OUR turn when they have been waiting so much longer. In fact, the wife and I had been doing about monthly dinners to commiserate about IF/waiting to become parents and even though it's my turn to try to schedule one I have been putting it off because I will feel bad griping when they have been waiting so much longer.

We have our list of things to do which is something to keep myself occupied to a degree. My faith has actually strengthened through our IF and now adoption journey so prayer and bible study help too. Most of the time I am at peace, but there are days like today that I throw an internal temper tantrum wanting to know why everyone gets to be a mama but me (which my brain knows is NOT true).

That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment