Wednesday, June 13, 2018

The Big 4-0

I used to be the queen of "to do" lists.  Personal, professional, you name it and I had a list for it.  Over this past year my only formalized to do lists revolved around my assignment calendar.  Earlier this week I tried to remember how I had been keeping my list of to do stuff organized and I couldn't ("Mommy brain" and my increasingly horrible memory will be a topic for a different day).

As a result I started from scratch.  I looked at bullet journals, but paper and I are not BFFs.  So I needed something electronic.  Sometimes I just have my phone.  Other times I couldn't tell you where I set my phone (see above) and my computer is easier since it is usually in the same place.  So I landed on Google Keep.

So far so good.  Nothing like a little check mark motivation to get me moving on things that have been occupying brains space for months.  You know like thank you cards for Isabella's first birthday that got mailed out almost two months after her party.  Forget etiquette...team better late than never here!

Speaking of list we did do another list earlier this year...bucket lists.  They are a list of things we want to do over the next 10 years.  Which I failed to recognize at the time will pretty much encapsulate my 40s.  40.  Dang that sounds old!

The 40 I picture in my head is old, but I am not old soooo time to to revise that image.  I had no qualms about turning 30 and have no qualms about turning 40.  23 now that was a different story.  Random I know.  I think it had something to do with becoming a full fledged adult.  I digress...

Back to the bucket lists.  We each made a personal one and then a collective one which is mostly comprised of places to which we would like to travel.   Here's what we've got.



The tiny creatures around me are getting restless so will share in more detail tomorrow...stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment