Sunday, August 27, 2017

Saturday School

Classes started this past week.  I am taking four which is more than the suggested three recommended for full time students, but I don't really have a choice.  There are two core classes that are only offered in the spring PLUS they only offer the comprehensive exam (comps) required to begin your dissertation in the spring.  These two pieces mean that following their recommendation the fastest you can finish the program is 4 years BUT there is a big lag in the middle, so I'm going at an accelerated rate so we will see how that goes.


In addition to one online class and two traditional classes that meet on Monday and Wednesday evenings, I am also taking a Saturday class that meets once a month for 8 hours.  I did this last fall too and it was too much with working outside of the home too...it was like a 6 day work week.  Hoping this fall is not quite as much.  Unfortunately it is with a professor that I don't love, but whatcha gonna do?

Actually this prof earned some brownie points with all of us because after going over the syllabus, she let us leave!  This is a woman who routinely kept us until 4:00 even when she told us she would let us leave early last fall.  J.T. was at home with Isabella so I took a little advantage of this newly found "free time" to work outside on my assignments and treat myself to lunch.  I still got home early, but just not quite as early as I could have:).  It allowed for some daddy-daughter bonding time!

I did miss Isabella though and looked at her pics and videos a couple time for study breaks.  God bless technology, what did we ever do without it!




No comments:

Post a Comment