Friday, August 25, 2017

Couldn't Make it Work

Well poor little H didn't work out:(.  Little boy could NOT learn to take a nap.  Over the course of two weeks he would only really sleep if held or in the stroller.  If I laid him down for a nap he would cry for the full 30 minutes I let him go.  Listening to your own kid cry is bad enough.  Having another kid cry for that length of time is such an added burden.  I tried darkening the room, lightening the room, sleeping away from everyone, sleeping near everyone, various sources/kinds of white noise,  lovey, paci, modified the timing, CIO, timed checks, and the list goes on.  NOTHING worked!

Also, while his parents repeatedly told me his lack of napping wasn't impacting his night time sleep or his disposition in the evenings at home, he was so fussy/whiny at my house by like lunch time.   In my defense, he got home in the evening around 5 napped/ate and went to bed around 6:30 soooo their time with him in the evening was limited. 

The lack of sleep was not good for him and it was not good for our little tribe, so today was his last day.  His parents had two weeks to find care, but they were able to find an alternative quickly so we all decided that sooner was better than later.  We parted on good terms and I hope his next sitter finds the magic formula for getting this sweet boy the rest he needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment