Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Heightened Anxiety (Part 2)


So much great information to process, but information can only take me so far.  I am a doer, so I need to start DOING something to change things.  Suggestions I found include:


"Breath long slow breaths"-  It's amazing how often I actually find myself literally holding my breath.

"Invite rational brain in" (look at what is-what do I know for sure, what are the facts, what do I not know and where/who do I go to get it)."  This is so me...well this WAS so me...I gotta get back to it!

"Develop some go-to mantras" This one has always been a favorite...





Be in the moment-practice mindfulness


Worry always lives in the future

"Self-care comes first:  sleep, water, diet, exercise , mindfulness gratitude."  LOL for days at the first example, but I can definitely take care of the others.  The diet and exercise piece especially.  I feel like I have been given myself a pass since I lost all of my pregnancy week in like 5 weeks (Thanks anxiety!), but need to focus on eating better and attempting some type of exercise besides walking)


Also, I'm going to give this book a read and see what else it can offer.  Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment