Sunday, April 30, 2017

The New Normal

I am a full time mom.
I am a full time student.
I am no longer a full employee.
I am no longer a principal.

I am no longer the maker of my own schedule.
I can no longer sleep when I please.
I can no longer move around as I please (still healing).
I am no longer simply a working wife.

J.T. goes back to work tomorrow and so that means it's just me, Isabella, and the puppies.  The whole day laid out before us.  The first day after a three week hiatus from a routine that no longer exists for me.

Over the last two weeks I have been asked by various doctors and nurses "What do you do?".  Technically I am still a principal so I threw that out there.  However I also tried out stay at home mom and full time student.  Despite the former being exactly what I wanted I seem to stumble over the words.

Maybe it's because I don't know what it means.  I've been raised by one.  I have said I want to be one my entire life.  However, now that I stand at the threshold I'm not totally sure they it means.

There will be no orientation.  There is no schedule, mission, vision or handbook by which to abide.  There are no tests, certifications or formal evaluations.

Where do I begin?


No comments:

Post a Comment