Thursday, December 1, 2016

December Appointment

Another successful doctor's appointment!  We heard her heartbeat and all of our numbers looked good.  It would have been another in and out appointment, but I came armed with questions this time. Questions related to labor and delivery.

When I was in college TLC used to have the wedding story and the baby story.  I enjoyed both, BUT could not watch the baby story past when the mother went into labor.  I honestly didn't want to know what it was like.   I do remember in a high school classes watching the miracle of birth, so I had seen it once and that seemed to be good enough for me until the time came.   Well the time is coming...gulp.

Since becoming pregnant I assumed that I would go for an epidural--no questions about it.  However, after doing some reading I have a few concerns related to the ability (or lack thereof) to push with an epidural and how it may impact the breastfeeding process.

The doctor answered each of my questions and ultimately summarized our discussion with my favorite answer--"It can [to a certain point] be a game time decision."  Sounds like a plan to me!


No comments:

Post a Comment