Monday, June 6, 2016

Season Finale

We are in the ending days of the school year and are working to wrap up all the loose ends of another successful school year.  A teacher friend of mine is wrapping up her school year as well and we met for dinner this evening because once school is out she is off to her summer job.  Now don't feel too badly that she works during the summer months too as she gets to be a childcare provider on a Mediterranean Cruise line--free room & board, paid to travel, with just part of the day devoted to entertaining the kiddies.   As we were saying goodbye she noted "The next time I see you, you could be pregnant!".

It got me to thinking if my life was a tv show, we would be in the midst of the season finale.  It would conclude with me bidding a fond farewell to all of my staff and friends I might not get see during the summer.  We would go on hiatus for the summer and before you know it I would return for the the fall season with an adorable baby bump, all smiley and light because our little one on the way.  No muss, no fuss!  Sigh...if only my life was a tv show.

In my non-tv show life, we have decided to proceed with IVF using Donor Eggs-yay!

I called and left a message for our doctor on the way to work this morning and got a call back around dismissal scheduling a meeting for the middle of next week with the nursing team and the financial department.  Even that first step leads to hiccups and questions as I bet you a million dollars the appointment time will not work well with J.T's schedule (and they confirmed we both need to be present).

Also, when I visited the site of the egg bank our doctor uses it says our clinic will need to provide us with paperwork which they will need to submit before we can begin to view donors.  I am assuming paperwork could be completed before we have to sit down with the nursing team, so I suspect our desire to proceed with donor eggs instead of my eggs got lost somewhere in translation.  So I left a message this evening to clarify.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment