Sunday, May 8, 2016

Mother's Day

This is the first Mother's Day in years that hasn't been filled primarily with frustration, sadness, and self-pity.  Our circumstances have not changed, but the way we chose to celebrate the day did.

My parents came down to visit for the weekend and we hosted a brunch to honor my mom, my mother-in-law and my husband's stepfather's mother-Mema.

It was a very nice day of good food and drink (if I do say so myself), visiting, games, and laughing.

In the days leading up I will admit I spent some time day dreaming of a "drop in the lap" phone call with my family all present to share in the joy, but during actual Mother's Day had very little time to consider it.

It's nice to have a formerly dreaded day turn into a day of good memories:).


No comments:

Post a Comment