Monday, February 16, 2015

Odds & Ends

So we decided to move forward with our trip to England!  It has been exciting to begin to map out our itinerary and figure out what we want to see.  I have also procrastinated the heck out of changing my name on my passport, so I will need to have that expedited to ensure I have it in time for our us to go.  Plane tickets are a fickle business.  We have been working with AAA.  On Thursday, they had sent us an itinerary with one layover in Atlanta that would save us like $500 per ticket.  I called Friday, to secure the trip with payment.  Got an email from them Friday night saying their phones were down and I should call on Monday.  Called at 9am this morning and that flight was gone.  Not a real surprise given the cost, but still sad to see that money float away.  We are now doing a direct flight so maybe that will help us get some sleep for a great first day of our trip.

I went to the allergist on Friday as I still have hives.  She wants to help me get them cleared up before we can move forward with possibly finding any cause.  Though she did remind me that in 70% of hives cases they never determine the cause.  How is it that I only end up with stuff that is unexplained?  Saturday, I was hive free.  Sunday I had breakthrough hives so took even more meds.  Today is better though between all of the drugs I am taking, I am kind of a hot mess (sleepy, grumpy, and a host of other un-fun dwarfs!).

We are off from school today for President's Day.  I got a number of to do list items knocked off and am now settled in watching a documentary on our US Presidents (I am such a nerd!).  I am being lulled to sleep by the ice hitting the windows outside and though we did not get any snow (well it snowed for about 60 seconds and then turned over to freezing rain) I imagine we will off tomorrow as the temp will not rise above freezing until noon tomorrow.  We are both home now and the only one of us that would have to work can do so from home if necessary, so at least we are safe.

It will be a long 6 weeks until Spring Break, but at least I have something exciting to look forward to!

No comments:

Post a Comment