Thursday, February 5, 2015

Dear Baby K

Dear Baby K,

I've been thinking about you a lot this evening.  I have actually thought of you a lot over the last 30 years.

For most of that time it was just the idea of you--a cute, chubby little one who would call me mommy some day.  But when you think about it, I guess I was thinking more about being your mommy so I was actually thinking about me.

When your daddy and I fell in love and started talking about what it would be like to have you I started to think:  Would you have have blue eyes and blond hair like me and your daddy had when we were little?  Would you have his intellect?  Would you have my musical ability?  Would you be a perfectionist or a know-it-all (when you are older you will find out which one of us is which!)?  But when you think about it I was thinking about the man I love and how I wanted us to have a family to share that love, so I was thinking of us.

Then when the time came for us to begin to feel like were were ready to become your parents, I starting to think:  When will we become parents?.  Then:   How will we become parents?, so I was still thinking about us.

Over the last few months, I am slowly beginning to hear my thoughts change:  What will you need when you get here?  What choices do we need to make to help ensure you always know where you came from?  What kind of parents do you need us to be and what do we need to do to ensure we are the best parents we can be for you?  It was a long, winding road, but finally my thoughts are right on target because I am thinking about you.

Thank you for being patient and giving me the time I needed to become the mommy you need me to be.




No comments:

Post a Comment