Thursday, July 12, 2018

Pinterest for the Win

Pinterest gets a bad rap a lot.  I was once told by someone that my house reminded them of Pinterest.  It did not feel like a compliment (this was back when I had both the time and energy to decorate the house seasonally).  I could see where if you were obsessed with multiple areas and they had to look JUST right then yes Pinterest could be problematic, but fortunately I come at it from more of a type B approach so putting it simply Pinterest has saved my butt this summer.

I have asked my mom more than once (who stayed at home until my younger sister started school) how she kept us busy when we were little.  She doesn't remember, but I have no idea how she did it without help.  By help I mean ideas.  By ideas I mean Pinterest.

Where else can I steal or get inspiration to take random crap from my house and keep tiny children entertained?!? 

Some are winners:



Ok only the 2 year old really got it, but the materials kept the other two entertained for a while so it still counts as a win.


This random assortment of items kept Isabella occupied for like 20 minutes.

Some not so much:


"Uh, we can't make a mess with this, what gives?!?!"  They abandoned ship in like a minute.


Most of the splotches on the paper are ones I made:/.



Yep, that is my child who climbed on the table.  Needless to say my classroom management ego took a hit that day.

So I don't care what anybody says Pinterest comes to the rescue more days than not.  Honestly don't know what I would do without it!


No comments:

Post a Comment