Friday, May 18, 2018

Summer Break, huh?

Honestly I feel like all I have done in 2018 is try to survive.  I know that sounds super dramatic, but I was so looking forward to the end of the semester in hopes of getting a break from the stress and here we are and I feel almost as stressed as before!

Classes, comps, and the first three chapters of my dissertation (in draft form) are complete, but replacing them are now health issues (cancer plus Isabella has been sick on and off since the middle of April), overwhelming frustration with our adoption agency (they can't seem to answer even basic questions now like what is your success rate? and often like to remind us that Isabella's birth is what has led it to be more difficult for us to adopt--sweet people aren't they), and the stress of coming fully to terms with having only one child. 

Some of these things have got to get better.  The good news with a small tumor is that it is not life threatening at the moment.  The bad news is that it seems to mean that getting it taken care of is not a top priority.  J.T. finally got he kidney stone taken care of and we met the doctor about the tumor.  It looks like he will need 4-6 weeks to recover, but they can't seem to commit to when the procedure will take place (apparently it could be months away rather than weeks).  J.T.'s anxiety level is super high because he just wants it out!

I keep emailing back and forth with the adoption people though they keep putting off my questions.  Our contract ends on June 12.  I know J.T. just wants to be done, but I keep trying to figure out how to make peace with a group of people who aren't all bad (they are successful for many of the people they serve), but use a hard sell that makes it seem that as long as you follow their strategy you will be successful.  That is not the case as three years and $20,000 later we have come to learn the hard way.  I just want to find a way to help others not get taken for the same ride we and our friends have.

I am trying to find some ways to reduce my stress level.  Started Couch to 5K again.  Making sure to get sleep.  Listening to some faith based podcasts.  Praying.  Hoping these things will help me get my mind right cuz right now it's a mess...

No comments:

Post a Comment