Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Cry Me a River

I am not a crier.  Even chock full or fertility drugs and pregnancy hormones there have been few tears, but this afternoon I have cried not one, not two, but THREE separate times and I have learned that crying is exhausting and I am so glad this is the exception not the norm for me!

Cryfest part one:  Parents in the midst of a (news to me) acrimonious divorce decided to use signing the children out of school early today as their arena.  The entire situation was done in 13 minutes, and I did exactly what protocol and law dictate.  That being said, my heart aches for the kids and I worry that by not doing something outside of protocol/law I have now set wheels in motion that cannot be undone, so I cried in my office:(.

Cryfest part two:  We had our first official OBGYN appointment this afternoon!  The first step was using the doppler to listen for what was going on in there and it took what felt like forever.  After about a minute of not hearing anything I kind of panicked and started to cry.  A few days moments later we had success, but my fear of a missed miscarriage definitely reared it's ugly head (I really should stay of off message boards, but I fail to listen to my own advice).

Cryfest part three:  I have veins that are tiny and few and far between.  Bloodwork either goes really well or REALLY badly and unfortunately today I experienced the latter:(.  I showed the lab tech the sweet spot (the spot where the RE's office had faithfully been drawing blood, without fail for months) and she botched it.  The other lab tech stepped in and it took her forever to find a vein in the other arm, it really hurt, and she needed 5 vials so it took a while.  Ultimately she got them, but man that sucked and I cried a couple of different times throughout.

Add to all the crying a sore throat that has lasted four days (yet yields no other symptoms) and I have decided I am not leaving this couch for the rest of the night!

No comments:

Post a Comment